Posts tagged northeast
Pre-paid mobile phone service extended in Kashmir, northeast
New Delhi, April 2 (IANS) The government has extended the pre-paid mobile phone service in Jammu and Kashmir, Assam and other northeastern telecom service areas for two years.
The extension of service which has come into effect from April 1, will be valid till March 31, 2013.
‘The said permission for continuance of pre-paid mobile services, for a period of two years with effect from April 1, is subject to the condition that the existing security condition already stipulated by licensor shall continue to remain in place,’ the department of telecommunications (DoT) said in a statement.
The DoT has also mentioned that no telecom company will be allowed to offer services after March 31, 2013, on the basis of the permission now given.
- Now switch mobile phone operator, but keep your number
- Get ready to pay for mobile banking service from April 2011
- Rediff introduces mobile email service
- Mobile phone firms go all out to woo other’s customers
- TRAI seeks opinion on controlling mobile phone theft